Saturday, July 17, 2010

My thoughts on Art

The world of art is one of great imagination and self-discovery. I have always been drawn to the creative aspects of live, and I just knew, form a very young age, that I wanted  to create works of art. I took some art classes and even studied a little art in college but it did not feel right; however, I am not saying art school is a bad choice. Quite frankly there are many things that a young aspiring artist can learn as he or she follows the direction of an artist mentor. I just knew that I did not want an art degree. I was way more interested in the ancient world, history, and politics, yet all these topics are under the umbrella of the humanities so in actuality they are artistic. I also realized when I sold my first painting that I did not need to go to school to develop my natural talent; but, again, I state that this was my personal choice. I have sold over ten pieces as a professional artist and look forward to selling many more throughout my life. And though many of my previous works are dissimilar to my new projects, I still consider them parts of my soul and building blocks that have led me to where I am now. Unfortunately, I am not as disciplined as some artist may be but when I do create, it can be prolific. Basically, I'll sum it up, if I am not feeling the 'vibe' to paint why force it, why create an art piece that you are not fully invested in; just seems like a waste of time. I have added a few links to some decent books that help me study the human form. Take a look at them and you decide whether they would be helpful or not.
Master Class in Figure Drawing

Anatomy For The ArtistAnatomy Lessons from the Great Masters
                    






Creative Commons License
This work by BigLouKnows is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment